Friday, July 20, 2007

Biggest Loser - end of week 2

Well, I am only down .5 pounds this week, which brings my weight to 202.5. I had a week where my weight fluctuated even though I was following my plan. Some of that was, I think, sodium. I am looking at some of the meals I make and eat while I am out and I suspect that I am retaining water more than I would have thought.

The other thing is just plain eating too much! South Beach is supposed to be all about eating healthy foods in a balanced way, but sometimes I find myself eating more just because. Becuase it tastes good, or I am bored, or I don't want to *waste* it. I am thinking about strategies to curtail it and all I can come up with is....self-control!!! Which is a fruit of the spirit. Which is an issue of prayer, and of sanctification, not of a program. Then again, a good program can help in developing good habits, which is part of self-control.

Romans 7
21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, 23 but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.


So...I am thinking about whether counting calories, or carbs, or portions, or trying the Biggest Loser plan would help - or not!

No comments: